Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Time to leave this joint

That is what Dad was saying yesterday. If you haven't read Jen's post yet, yes, Dad had his surgery and is doing great. He came home yesterday evening and is enjoying time sitting in his favorite chair. This surgery was much better than the last. Hopefully, he will be feeling like a new man soon. Here are some pics from the hospital. He handles everything so well. You can tell by the pics. The last one is of all of his drainage tubes and collectors. He calls them his "balls". Gotta love him...
During the surgery Mom was sharing with me just how wonderful she thinks my Dad is (like she has to tell me). She was telling me how he has always taken care of her, from day one and telling me some stories about their early days. And really, that's what my Dad always does, takes care of people. I hope that after 35 years of marriage, Bryan and I still feel about each other the way Mom and Dad do. They are truly best friends and are still in love after all this time. Dad saved her and she did him as well. What a pair.








4 comments:

Jill said...

Those "balls" look alittle like ornaments hanging down. Oh my! Yes, your dad does take care of people. Your parents hold some special places in my heart and memories. Enjoy the holidays with your family. You have quite a lot of blessings there.

Jeanne said...

That post just makes me cry on this Christmas eve! Your Daddy is so stinkin special! Your Momma and Daddy look so good in that first pic! :) Do it Mrs. Pam!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Your Dad looks like a champ! I'm glad to hear he is doing so well!

halograce said...

Leslie,

So happy to hear your Dad is doing so well. I don't write and call as often as I should, but I think of you all often, and love reading the blogs you and Jen keep.

Your Mom and Dad are truly blessed with their union, and it is a remarkable marriage. I know, when they first started dating, my Grandparents still went to Florida winter. They both absolutely adored Dennis, and my Grandma was no easy nut to crack, LOL. She did not like many people, but she loved your Dad, and has many photos of Pam and Dennis in her old albums. They both really loved and respected Dennis.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day, and may God bless you in the New Year. Take care Sweet Pea, tell your Mama HELLO from Robin.

And by the way, I fully, and completely vote for Cameron Wallace Russ!!

Love, Robin/Halo.