Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A little homemade fun...

Our family had a great weekend! There was shopping in Orlando, a date with my hubby and a fantastic dinner prepared by mom, dad and Jen that would put any restaurant to shame. The highlight, though, was the redneck slip and slide that my husband sat up in my parents back yard. It was like a 40 foot long blue tarp that we put sprinklers on, tons of soap and the kids were pulled by a rope and slung off the end. My favorite part was when my sister decided to throw on some old clothes and participate. I know, so not Jen, but she did it. I think she had fun! Here are a few photos and a video for proof. Love you Jen...











7 comments:

Hannah said...

LOVE IT!! Jen still looks great in old clothes and her hair pulled up!! That slip and slide was really funny to see! I was happy we were able to visit with you all a little this weekend! Your boys are just precious! i just love seeing Addie and Raleigh play! So sweet!

The Russ Family said...

It was so much fun. Can't wait to do it again. Dad needs to get a tarp like that. Huddie even liked riding in my lap.

Jill said...

Now that is worth a shout out right there....just a glimpse of good times to be had with all those boys and men.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

That's hiliarious!! Looks like ya'll have a great time together!! We need to get our kids together this summer!

Jeanne said...

Oh man! That looks like a b-last! I'd love to have somebody pull my butt across a slip-n-slide! I see you didn't participate. Were pregnant women not allowed to ride? :)

The Light's, party of 4 said...

That's so great!!! My sister did the same thing on our slip in slide. In clothes and all she had to take the plunge. She was so hot. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration.

Dad said...

Dad got the tarp but why can you girls get off your wallets once in a while..