I have a cat. A beautiful cat. Did I ever mention that? Her name is Jenny (no, not after my sister) and she is British. British you ask? Yes British. When Bryan and I imagine her as a character in a movie, we picture her speaking with a British accent and being a snob. Why a snob? Well, let's just say she is not the friendliest. She doesn't require much attention and is selective to whom she gets attention from. Does she like the boys? Of course not! We once asked her what it would take for her to be sweeter to the boys, because they love her so, and she responded that we would have to remove their arms, legs and voice boxes, then maybe she would consider liking them. Well, that's not going to happen, so I guess we will just have to live with it. So, today she had a visit to the Vet. She had her check up and got a haircut! She gets so hairy and matted that I can often find 8-12 hairballs on the ground a day. NOT the kind you puck, but the kind that just falls off because it has been hanging there so long. When we take her, we have them give her the "Lion Cut". You'll understand when you see the pictures below. When we bring her home she is friendlier and friskier. So don't feel bad for her, she likes it, really!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I have a cat...
I have a cat. A beautiful cat. Did I ever mention that? Her name is Jenny (no, not after my sister) and she is British. British you ask? Yes British. When Bryan and I imagine her as a character in a movie, we picture her speaking with a British accent and being a snob. Why a snob? Well, let's just say she is not the friendliest. She doesn't require much attention and is selective to whom she gets attention from. Does she like the boys? Of course not! We once asked her what it would take for her to be sweeter to the boys, because they love her so, and she responded that we would have to remove their arms, legs and voice boxes, then maybe she would consider liking them. Well, that's not going to happen, so I guess we will just have to live with it. So, today she had a visit to the Vet. She had her check up and got a haircut! She gets so hairy and matted that I can often find 8-12 hairballs on the ground a day. NOT the kind you puck, but the kind that just falls off because it has been hanging there so long. When we take her, we have them give her the "Lion Cut". You'll understand when you see the pictures below. When we bring her home she is friendlier and friskier. So don't feel bad for her, she likes it, really!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Have I mentioned that your posts always have me laughing? Cats are so snooty. I have to agree with you. She's a cute thing. So, I guess Huddie gets a turn at Ya Ya's next :) You know they're eating them up some granbabies!
I love Jenny!! She is precious!!
My two cats, do not like the children either, nor does Brooke's cats like the children. Guess kids and cats do not, as a general rule, mesh as well as kids and dogs seem to.
Four whole days for Raleigh and YaYa, what a treat for both, WOWZA!!
Love and prayers, Robin/Halo.
Cats are cool! I love the lion cut! Are you getting ready for a long summer break with your boys??? I bet you can't wait!
I do love the new cut. Cats are something, for sure. I'm glad your growing boy had some great time with YaYa. I know you missed him.
Yaaaay for the kitty! I love my fur babies & can totally sympathize with the hairball thing! I am so glad Mason is going to grow up with lots of pets - especially since we're not sure about human siblings! LOL!
Sorry but that first picture makes your cat look scary,,,glowing eyes
I bet the boys do drive that cat crazy.
Love ya
Post a Comment