Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I am a hot mess...
Today is not my day. I have been doing really well so far in this pregnancy. But everything seems to have hit today. My kids won't stop screaming, I feel like the worst mother ever and Hudson keeps hitting me for no apparent reason and I can't get him to stop. It all started when I got to Raleigh's school to pick him up today and realized that his end of year party was indeed today and not tomorrow like I had previously thought. Bummer! Mother of the year flew right out the window. The teacher made out like it wasn't a big deal that they were missing the stuff we signed up to bring, but it was to me. We got home and I tried to clean up the mess that is my house, just like I do every day, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I sat down on the couch and began to cry. Raleigh came to me, hugged me and said, "Mommy, you can do this. It's OK! I know how we can do better.....'puter games." I guess pbskids solves all his problems, just not mine. So, I went upstairs to change and this is where the hot mess began. I used a baby wipe to remove all traces of makeup (because I felt like I was suffocating) because the make up remover wipes I bought at target have made my eyes swollen, red and bumpy. I'm too blasted cheap to buy the good wipes. When the heck will I stop making the same mistake. I took off the beautiful maternity dress that belonged to my sister because I felt that I could no longer pull it off. I preceded to put on bleached out short black shorts, an ugly purple monstrosity of a shirt, bronze flip flops and I pulled my hair back in a black headband, one side flipping out and the other, not so much. (I took a picture but it was too scary for the Internet) I made dinner because Phil is up here working on turning out 3rd floor into a bedroom for Raleigh and I didn't want him to go hungry. After dinner I decided to go to Publix and get snacks for Raleigh's class tomorrow to try and make up for being such an A+ mom. And guess what, I went how I looked. I didn't even wipes the kids faces after dinner, so they fit in with me. It was like white trash family come to town for the first time in a while. What a day. At least Raleigh's class will have apples, carrot chips and dip for a snack tomorrow. Please pray that I am back to myself by tomorrow. I don't know if I can handle another day like today. Physically or mentally. I need a bath...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I will pray for you and your hot mess self.
I totally know the feeling! Had one of those days myself last Tuesday. But the bad part is...when you're prego you can't drink!! AAAHHH!! It will get better A+++++ mommy! :)
Heather is right...no glass of wine when you are pregnant. I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Just think it will be summer soon!!! I tried calling you tonight while I was exercising to talk to you. When will you learn about the cheap wipes? MAC all the way! Hmmm....maybe I know something to get you for your birthday. :-) A year supply of makeup wipes.
Love you!
Please please please send us the pic....I am so sorry you had a big bad one...the third floor sounds great...you are an a++++momma.
Your a good mother and your children show that. Who says weveryday is perfect. We all have those days and I am sure it was even worse because your pregrant.I am sure that those snacks for Releigh's class will even taste better today and they would have the day of the party. Hope you have an extra great day!
Love ya,
Aunt Cindy
Aaaahhhhhhh......... Leslie, Aunt Cindy is right, you do not need to be perfect everyday, nobody is........... the snacks will be more appreciated, without all the other treats of party day!!
You are a good Mommy, teacher, wife, sister, aunt, daughter, grand-daughter, friend......... My gosh WOMAN, look how many hats you wear, and still expect to not have days that are less than perfect?????
You are doing great, nobody really cares about all the little stuff, Raleigh does not mind a bit of mess, if Mommy plays PBS games with him!!!
Love and prayers, Robin/Halo.
Oh, and the hitting. A stage for Hudson. Not a cute or pleasant one, but a stage none the less. It too, will pass. Love, Robin/Halo.
You are a great Mommy so don't beat yourself up! If you could see some of the outfits I've worn to Wal-Mart and how nasty my kids were you'd feel so . . . much better about yourself. Keep in mind you are about to enjoy a nice, long summer with your boys, what could be better than that?
Post a Comment