Saturday, March 21, 2009

Date with Papa



So, my Dad won tickets to a preview showing of Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D from channel 6 news! He was so excited that he and Raleigh were going to go and spend the day together and see the movie. Most of you don't know, but Raleigh is notorious for not making it through a movie in the theater, sometimes he won't even see the beginning. Papa said, "Oh, he's with me, he'll be fine." So they drove to Orlando this morning to claim their tickets, got to meet some of the news anchors and then preceded to get popcorn, twizzlers and a diet coke. When they got in there it was awful crowded so they had to go to the very top to sit (which I think is the best). Almost as soon as they sat down, Raleigh said, "Papa, I'm scared". Unfortunately, they never made it to the beginning of the movie. All of the news anchors tried to talk him in to staying. Even the pretty traffic girl said she would sit with him. He said, "that's ok, we are going to McDonald's"! Dad said that even though they never saw the film, they had a great time! Thanks Dad, for trying. He had a good time anyway!


Below are pictures of him waiting in line. Looks like he was having a good time...








4 comments:

Hannah said...

That was so sweet that your Dad would take him! Very brave!! Addie does not do good in movies either. I took her the free ones and when I tried to keep her still she started yelling that I was hurting her in a crowded theater. Nice.
I was so glad that you finally got to meet the babies. I enjoyed just sitting and visiting with you, it had been to long since we had done that! I do hope you have a girl, but I know you have this boy thing down!! Now, if we could just get Jen to agree to have three!(-: You know I say that three is the new two!
Love you so much.
H

Jeanne said...

Your Daddy is such a good sport! They do look adorable together in the first picture. Man, you give Josie some candy (anywhere) and she'll sit for hours :) Jake....well I'm sure that'll be another story! Are you feeling so fine with that sweet little baby in your sweet little tummy?

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I love this post!! I'm sure your dad enjoyed every moment with his little buddy even though it took a different route.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

It sure looks like they had fun together even if they didn't make it through the movie!