Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mommy Help!

That is what I heard last night coming from Raleigh's room. Let me explain:
Bryan had to work late so I was home alone with the boys. I had already given Hudson a bath(which I always do first), and Raleigh was now in the tub. I had already washed him and told him that he could play while I ironed their clothes for school. My room is at the end of the hall and I have the monitor still on (I probably will until they move out). Hudson usually will crawl back and forth between my room and his and Raleigh's room. Well, I was ironing away and I heard, "MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYY! Help. Come here. Huddie needs you. MMMMOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY! So, I took off running down the hall. When I got to the bathroom, Raleigh was still in there and so was half of Huddie. He was balancing with his tummy on the edge of the tub, feet in the air, and both hands flat on the bottom of the tub. (Did I not mention that he loves the tub!) Raleigh was trying to help him by pushing him out, but he couldn't seem to get it. I knew Huddie's face was not underwater, first because we hardly fill the tub and second because he was just a talkin'. I leaned over and picked him up. His hair was drenched. Thankfully he had on short sleeves so his clothes were only wet in spots. Once I got him out and Raleigh and I realized he was OK, we started dying laughing. I think Hudson had way too much fun on his little adventure. I later told Raleigh how proud I was of him and what a good job he did calling for me when there was an emergency. He said, "Fanks" and went about his way. Oh, I love having boys!

5 comments:

halograce said...

What a wise decision for such a young boy to make!! Good for Raleigh. Can not turn your back two minutes on the wee ones, that is for sure.
God bless you all, Love and prayers, Robin/Halo.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Goodness that will make your heart pound! I too have the monitors on in the kids' rooms. It's funny how it just makes me feel better even though they're only a few steps away.

Patti said...

Leslie you are hilarious - such a great story teller. I could picture the whole thing. Good for Raleigh!

Jill said...

Oh my!!!!!!!! Leslie, we need to talk...ironing their clothes for school? Really. I think you and Rhonda were sisters in another life. But you look good all the time.

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Girl!! Aren't boys just full of excitement? Sometime we've got to exchange some stories. I think Trever and your two could cause quite a comotion. I can't believe you iron their clothes for school. Throw them in the dryer for 10 minutes, honey! They are wrinkled by the time they get out of the car seat.