Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who turned out the lights?

So I totally just posted a new post today (So please scroll down and look at my cute guys), but something happened afterwards that was really an eye opening. I think our day to day lives are so easy that we don't even think about how good we got it. Well, tonight as I finished making dinner our power shut off. This was strange for us because we never even loose power during a hurricane. Our lines our all underground, so I was a little weirded out. I immediately started lighting what few candles I have. Raleigh didn't understand the whole no power at all. He said well, lets just go watch a movie in my room. Bryan told him that Bob the builder was going to fix it. Raleigh tried to tell me that he could do it, he just needed a hammer, and a screwdriver to take off the light switch and trade it with a new one! Isn't that cute? We tried to explain everything we couldn't do to him and he started panicking a little. And then it hit me, what am I going to do with 2 young ones at 6:00, 2 hours before bedtime, in the dark. How would I iron clothes for tomorrow, how would I give them a bath, how would a change a poopy diaper if I couldn't really see it. And then the true panic set in, HOW IN THE HECK AM I GOING TO WATCH THE GOLDEN GLOBES? I thought, well maybe I'll just have to miss the pre-show and it will come back on by 8:00. You see where my priorities are? This stuff totally sucks me in. So as I sit her in front of my TV, with my power back on (it only went out 30mins) I am enjoying my Golden Globes pre-show. The ladies look amazing (Eva Mendez is my fave so far) and I have truly enjoyed the dresses. I hope that some of you have enjoyed it along with me as well!

3 comments:

The Russ Family said...

I totally forgot the Golden Globes were on until Mom told me. You are so into those shows!

Anonymous said...

Get some Batt,s for your flashlights.Raleigh has one too.
Dad

Patti said...

I love the story of Raleigh wanting to fix the lights. Maybe fixing things will be natural for him considering his two grandfathers.