Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh, I love my Raleigh

Before I gush on my little guy, I just want to say that he LOVES this silly Popeye shirt. He watches old episodes with my Dad.
He is getting so big, I am surprised everyday by how his vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds and I can't believe what a great little boy he is becoming. Let the gushing begin: Wednesday I had to take Hudson back to get his second round of the flu shot and Raleigh was going to get the flu mist. I talked with him before hand about how the nurse was just going to squirt it up his nose and I kept trying to be silly about so that he wouldn't freak out. He was so good. She told him to pretend like he was sniffing a flower. He handled it like a pro, but then was worried that Huddie had to get a shot. I assured him that he would be ok!
As with some vaccines, there will be side effects. I guess the mist got to Raleigh. Wednesday is Subway night in our house, so as we were sitting there eating, he said, "Mommy I'm tired". He laid his head on my lap and really didn't eat much of his dinner. I thought, well maybe he just didn't take a nap at school. When we got home, I noticed that he felt a little warm, but he and Bryan were running around the house chasing each other so I assumed he was just hot from that. After bath time, we were all playing on the floor in our room and he crawled up in my bed and fell asleep. So not like him. We usually have to bribe him to get him to go to sleep. So I felt him again and he was really warm. Another thing going against me getting the mother of the year award, the kids thermometer battery was dead! So, he got a dose of tylenol and went to bed. I found my old thermometer later and went and stuck it in his mouth. He never woke up. It went up to 101. I looked up the side effects of the mist and he had all of them. At 3:00 this morning he came in and got Bryan and said, "Daddy, I have to throw up". They rushed to the bathroom. He never ended up doing it, but when I got up and went in there to check on them, he was sitting on his little bench in front of the toilet and Bryan was sitting on the floor. He said, "I'm sorry Daddy" Too sweet. Then he said, "Mommy, can I come get in bed with you". Well, he is a wild man in bed so Bryan volunteered to got sleep in his bed. He is such a great Dad! When we were going to sleep I reached over and held his hand and said good night buddy. Then, he said something that just melted me. He said, "Mommy, Can we kiss?" oooh! He kissed me and then said "Good night Mommy" He is just amazing. I couldn't love anything more!



6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Leslie, that honestly makes my heart feel all crumbly! I'll bet those were the sweetest little lips that kissed you, weren't they? He's all yours...isn't that the best feeling?

Jill said...

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh, I am loving the story. I got ahold of Drew yesterday and stole about a million kisses. And he let me. And he laughed about it...and seemed to want more....Just to let you know after seven almost eight years, the thermometer issue still gets me...last time I went at four in the morning to get one from WM, my kid was so sick. Don't worry, to Raleigh and Hudson there is NO ONE who is more mom of the year than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti said...

I love the story - what a sweetie. Phil and I both remember many nights sitting on the bathroom floor with Cindi or Bryan waiting... I hope he is feeling better today. I'm glad you have this blog to remember those special tender moments. You are both such great parents.

Hannah said...

Girl the love between a little boy and his mommy, it is just so sweet! I can hardly wait! I guess you should soak all this up while you can! I just want to come up there and hold on to that Raleigh and get some love from those cheeks!!
Love the story!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it when one of you all are sick! Poor little fellow. I love cuddling in bed and talking with him. I love it when he says YaYa , I am going to love you forever. He is the most precious little fellow. I never knew the love of a son but am so blessed to have the love of 3 grandsons! Thanks you girls for sharing your special little fellows with me!
Love you forever,
Mom

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Stop it, you are making my eyes well! My goodness what a sweetie! I can't stand it when my babies are sick! I must say I LOVE that Popeye shirt!