Friday, November 14, 2008

A little prayer goes a long way...

A prayer request: Some of you may not know, but when my Dad has his open heart surgery a year and a half ago, the wire holding his sternum together broke and his bone never grew back together. Well, needless to say when he does just about anything he can feel his chest bone rubbing and it is very uncomfortable and sometimes painful. He was going to just live with it but has decided that this is not the quality life that he wants. He hasn't quite been the same since the whole thing and I can't wait to have my old Dad back! He goes in December 3rd and they are going to screw in a metal plate to hold his chest bone together. He will have to be out of work again for about 3 months, so it is not a "go in get out" kind of surgery. In your prayers, please pray that the surgeons hands are led by God, that he would come out of the surgery with flying colors and that he is back to the feelin' good Dennis that he use to be. I not only want him to be here to see all 4 of the boys grow up, but to be able to enjoy playing and camping and wrestling with all of them without all the pain.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am praying and will pray especially hard on the 3rd. The Lord goes before him and prepares the way. He comes behind him to take up the rear guard. Les, your daddy is surrounded! Can't wait to hear the wonderful report!

Jill said...

Hey, I had no idea. We will be lifting up your daddy on the 3rd of dec...it is a wed. so I will be in his neck of the woods. Please keep us posted.

Hannah said...

I have it on my calendar, I will be praying that it all will work out perfectly! I know he loves his grandboys and he is such a sweetheart! He has given so much of himself not only to his family but to so many lives, including my own. I love you and your whole family, Les!

lori said...

I will be praying!!

Patti said...

Phil and I are praying for your Dad. We are asking God to bless him with a full recovery...freedom from pain....and an excitement about the future. How awesome that we serve a God who always loves us and desires our good!