Monday, September 22, 2008

Who's Missing?

Can you tell who is missing from this picture?



















Raleigh! That's right. This was our first shopping trip without him, and Hudson's first trip to the Cheesecake Factory! Yummy! Raleigh spent the day with Papa because as of late he as acquired a liking to hanging out under clothes racks and hiding behind stuff. We sure did miss him, but I think we were all happy with our decision. It was our first shopping trip all together since Hudson was 3 weeks old. We couldn't believe it had been almost 9 months! Funny story about that last trip: We went into IKEA, each with a kid. Mom with Raleigh (almost 3), me with Hudson (3 weeks), and Jen with Drew(newly 1). What a mistake. You know that place is like a mile long and you can't get out once you start. Hudson started to get hungry and started to scream (he doesn't cry, he screams). That upset Raleigh, who in turn also started to cry. Drew seemed to be handling it OK until I whipped out Hudson's bottle, then he lost it. You see, it looked just like that bottle that mommy had stopped giving him just 2 weeks earlier. He wanted it! He wanted it bad! So people were looking at us like we were crazy. We were... So here we are 9 months later and things went much more smoothly.

We had such a great weekend! The weather was so nice and I enjoyed laying in the hammock in the evenings with the boys and spending time with them. They also enjoyed some much needed YaYa time!















Last story. Raleigh is so crazy. My mom had a bin of Fall decorations that she no longer wanted, so I was on the patio going through them. Raleigh found a pumpkin and asked Ya Ya if he could have it to put in his room. She said yes and went and got him a paper shopping bag to put it in. He must of thought it was like shopping, because he grabbed the bag and said, "What else can I buy" So he went on a hunt around the house "buying" stuff and putting it in his bag. His final stop was the snack drawer where he not only found some great grocery items, but also the handy chip clip pictured below. When all was said and done he had the following in his shopping bag: crocs, 2 pumpkins, sunflower candle, chip clip, stuffed frog, oatmeal cream pie, applesauce, granola bar, party blower and a few other things I can't remember. He said he didn't have any money, so my dad said he would pay Ya Ya for all of the stuff for him. When we got back to G-ville Sunday, he made Bryan sit on the floor with him while he showed him everything that he had bought! He was so excited.

6 comments:

The Russ Family said...

I love that picture of Drew, Hudson, and Mom. It was a great day just wished I felt a little bit better. Oh well, my bday is coming up and you know what that means!! Hmmmm.....I didn't know Mom had a stack of fall stuff she didn't want anymore.

Jeanne said...

Those boys of yours are out of control cute! For real...charming little guys! Cheescake Factory is my all time favorite restaurant. Makes me want some right now. I'm sure Raleigh didn't mind missing out on shopping. It looks like he got all caught up at your mom's!

Jill said...

Oh, I would love to go "shopping" at YaYa's house. That would be like a dream come true. I just used your momma as an example of great decorating just this weekend. What a blessing you have with two sets of parents to love and help raise your boys. I love how God does that kind of stuff. A hammock sounds good right now. Yum, those boys are so adorable.

Hannah said...

I am so glad you all had a good time on Saturday! You must have felt like you were missing an arm not to have Raleigh with you! But, I think it is great that you would just spend that time with Hudson! So good to talk to you for a minute tonight!

Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite songs Les. I had a great time this weekend with my girls and boys! I loved watching Raleigh shop! It has a great eye for decorating also. I love it when he comes in the house and notices things that I have changed. He is so funny. I think I am in trouble. Thought for sure I told Jen about the box of things! Oh well there is plenty more where that come from (:
Love you guys,
Mom (Ya-Ya)

The Cannon Chronicles said...

That shopping story is so . . . cute! It sounds like he got lots of treasures!